Thursday 20 December 2018

A seasonal anthology of Kriegie Christmases

It’s been a few years since I entered the bloggersphere and over the years I’ve put together little stories related in some way to my research. I’ve been studying the Australian airmen of Stalag Luft III for over five years now. The result: a few articles (checkout my website); a well-stocked blog; good progress on my PhD thesis (I hope to submit next year); a lot of good material for the book-of-the-thesis (and a bit more!); and five seasonal articles about Kriegie Christmases.


Rather than have you trawl through the blog to find them, I’ve compiled a little seasonal anthology. Why don’t you click through in one of those snoozy times in between the turkey and the Queen’s Christmas Message.

Happy Reading and Merry Christmas! 



‘Touched the face of God’: Faith, Christmas, and Remembrance in Captivity.


‘I miss you very very much’: Another Christmas apart.



‘So another Kriegie Xmas passes’: Christmas in Stalag Luft III



Christmas in Stalag Luft III, Belaria, 1944



Kriegiedom occasionally has its good points. Australians celebrating Christmas in Stalag Luft III







No comments:

Post a Comment